This Is It! Here’s EVERYTHING You Need to Know About the 2023 Ford Super Duty – YouTube
The new 2023 Ford Super Duty makes its world debut. It has a new grille, new headlights, and new wheel designs. Is it truly all-new or is this simply what’s called a “midcycle refresh” or a mild update? Check out all the details here.
2023 Ford Super Duty
Ford says that the frame is largely unchanged from the previous generation of the truck, which went on sale as the 2017 Ford Super Duty around six years ago. The suspension has been updated to further improve the compromise between a comfortable unladen ride and a stable and confident loaded performance. There are four new or updated engine options under the hood. All of the body and bed panels have been changed, and the truck has a new electrical architecture and interior. Ford did a lot to update the new Super Duty.
You are probably wondering about the four new or updated powertrains. Here is the breakdown.
- The current 6.2L gas V8 is no more. It’s being discontinued. Goodbye, 6.2L V8!
- In its place, Ford is putting a new 6.8L gas V8 engine that is largely based on the 7.3L “Godzilla” V8 engine. The second option is an updated 7.3L gas V8 engine. Ford says the latest engine is aimed to produce more power and torque. It means it should produce over 430 horsepower and 475 lb-ft of torque.
- There will be two versions of the 6.7L turbo-diesel V8. These will be offered with F-250 or F-350 configurations.
- the standard output V8 diesel
- the high output V8 diesel (water cooled turbocharger)
We don’t yet have the power specifications for any of these new engine options.
Ford expands available off-road choices for the new Super Duty. Naturally, the FX4 and Tremor packages remain, but Ford is also adding a new Super Duty XL Off-Road package. The XL Off-Road package is very similar to the FX4 as far as the off-road gear that it offers: skid plates, rear locking differential, and more. It also borrows the additional element from the Tremor (such as the smaller chin spoiler and better water fording capability). It rides on 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac all-terrain tires.
The interior receives an upgrade as well. It may look like the new F-150 interior, but there are some differences. The upper dashboard trim around the gauge cluster and the center infotainment screen is one continuous line. It houses a digital gauge cluster and either an 8-inch or a 12-inch infotainment display. Ford says they researched putting a 15.5-inch vertical display into the Super Duty, but the customers said they did not want it.
The new 2023 Ford Super Duty trucks will be available starting in early 2023. The pricing will be available closer to the launch date.
Source: World Debut: Is the 2023 Ford Super Duty REALLY All-New, Or Is This Just a Facelift? – The Fast Lane Truck (tfltruck.com)