- CYBER WEEK
- 25% Off Brands
- 20% Off Brands
- 17% Off Brands
- 15% Off Brands
- 12% Off Brands
- 10% Off Brands
- Last Chance Deals
- Shop By Vehicle
- F150 EcoBoost
- 2024+ F150 3.5L PowerBoost
- 2021-2023 F150 3.5L PowerBoost
- 2019+ F150 3.5L HO EcoBoost
- 2024+ F150 3.5L EB
- 2021-2023 F150 3.5L EcoBoost
- 2017-2020 F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
- 2015-2016 F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
- 2011-2014 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
- 2024+ F150 2.7L EB
- 2021-2023 F150 2.7L EcoBoost
- 2018-2020 F150 2.7L V6 Ecoboost
- 2015-2017 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
- 2024+ F150 5.0L
- 2021-2023 F150 5.0L
- 2018-2020 F150 5.0L V8
- 2015-2017 F150 5.0L V8
- 2021-2023 F150 3.0L Power Stroke
- 2018-2020 F150 3.0L Power Stroke
- 2021-2023 F150 3.3L
- 2018-2020 F150 3.3L NA
- 2015-2017 F150 3.5L V6
- 2010-2014 F150/Raptor 6.2L
- 2011-2014 F150 5.0L
- 2011-2014 F150 3.7L
- 2009-2010 F150 4.6L/5.4L/Raptor 5.4L
- 2004-2008 F150 4.6L/5.4L
- 1997-2003 F150 4.6L/5.4L
- SUPER DUTY
- 2023+ Super Duty 7.3L
- 2023+ Super Duty 6.8L V8
- 2017-2019 Super Duty 6.7L
- 2020-2022 Super Duty 7.3L
- 2020-2022 Super Duty 6.2L
- 2017-2022 Super Duty 6.2L
- 2011-2016 Super Duty 6.2L
- 2011-2017 Super Duty 6.8L
- 2005-2010 Super Duty 6.8L
- 1999-2004 Super Duty 6.8L
- 2009-2010 Super Duty 5.4L
- 2005-2008 Super Duty 5.4L
- 1997-2004 Super Duty 5.4L
- 2023+ Super Duty 6.7L
- 2023+ F250 & F350 6.7L
- 2020-2022 Super Duty 6.7L Power Stroke
- 2011-2016 Super Duty 6.7L
- 2008-2010 Super Duty 6.4L
- 2004-2007 Super Duty 6.0L
- 1997-2003 Super Duty 7.3L
- 2019+ Silverado/Sierra 6.2L
- 2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L
- 2010-2013 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L
- 2007-2013 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L
- 1999-2006 Silverado 6.2L
- 2015-2019 Silverado/Sierra 2500 6.0L
- 2007-2014 Silverado/Sierra 2500 6.0L
- 2019+ Silverado/Sierra 5.3L
- 2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 5.3L
- 2007-2013 Silverado/Sierra 5.3L
- 1999-2006 Silverado 5.3L
- 2019-2021 Silverado/Sierra 4.3L
- 2019+ Silverado/Sierra 4.3L
- 2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 4.3L
- 2007-2013 Silverado/Sierra 4.3L
- 1999-2006 Silverado 4.3L
- 1999-2006 Silverado 4.8L
- 2022+ Silverado/Sierra 2.7L HO
- 2019-2021 Silverado/Sierra 2.7L
- 2023+ Colorado/Canyon 2.7L
- 2015-2022 Colorado/Canyon 3.6L
- 2015-2022 Colorado/Canyon 2.4L
- 2021+ Ram TRX 6.2L
- 2019+ Ram 1500 5.7L
- 2013-2023 Ram 1500 5.7L
- 2013-2018 Ram 1500 5.7L
- 2009-2012 Ram 1500 5.7L
- 2009-2013 Ram 4.7L
- 2008-2013 Ram 1500 4.7L
- 2002-2007 Ram 1500 4.7L
- 2013-2023 Ram 1500 3.6L
- 2009-2012 Ram 1500 3.6L
- 2009-2013 Ram 3.7L
- 2002-2008 Ram 1500 3.7L
- 2001-2008 Ram 1500 3.7L
- 2002-2009 Ram 2500-3500
- 2007-2009 Ram 2500-3500 6.7L
- 2002-2007 Ram 2500-3500 5.9L
- 2002-2003 Ram 1500 5.9L
- F150 EcoBoost
- 2024+ Mustang Darkhorse 5.0L
- 2024+ Mustang EB 2.3L
- 2020-2022 Mustang Shelby GT500
- 2010-2014 Shelby GT 500 5.4L/5.8L
- 2007-2009 Shelby GT 500 5.4L
- 2015+ Shelby GT350 5.2L
- 2024+ Mustang GT 5.0L
- 2018-2023 Mustang 5.0L
- 2015-2017 Mustang 5.0L
- 2018-2023 Mustang 2.3L EB
- 2015-2017 Mustang 2.3L EB
- 2015-2017 Mustang 3.7L
- 2011-2014 Mustang 3.7L/5.0L
- 2005-2010 Mustang 4.0L/4.6L
- 1999-2004 Mustang 3.8L/4.6L
- CROWN VICTORIA/Grand Marquis
- CLASS A
- CLASS C
- CLASS SUPER C
- Shop By Brand
- Dyno Results
- Got a 2018-2020 F150 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel?
- Got a 2018-2020 F150 V8 5.0L?
- Got a 2018-2020 F150 2.7L EcoBoost?
- Got a 2017-2020 F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost?
- Got a 2015-2017 F150 V8 5.0L?
- Got a 2015-2016 F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost?
- Got a 2015-2017 F150 2.7L V6 Ecoboost?
- GOT A 2015-2017 F150 V6 3.5L NA?
- Got a 2011-2014 F150 5.0L?
- Got a 2011-2014 F150 3.5L Ecoboost?
- Got a Ford 2014 Tremor?
- Got a 2011-2014 F150 3.7L V6?
- Got a 2011-2014 6.2L F150/Raptor?
- Got a 1997-2010 F150 4.6L / 5.4L V8?
- SUPER DUTY
- OTHER APPLICATIONS
- Calibration Forms
Got a 2014-2018 Chevrolet / GMC 5.3L & 6.2L?
AREAS WE ADDRESS
The 5.3L, and 6.2L suffers from poor throttle response down low. In fact the factory programming has limits on the max throttle blade opening that PCM allows and is based on RPM range engine is operating in. By correcting this issue and a few others; improvements will be much better throttle response, step on go pedal, vehicle will respond quicker…this DBW system is a torque driven system, it works by taking a certain amount of torque via engine and wheel and applies it to what the driver foot say it needs; a better way to explain it is its a torque limiter. It only allows so much torque at a given pedal position. Stock tables are conservative and numb at best and that’s why one would feel some times a lag or a goofy pedal with DBW systems. For a 5.3L, or 6.2L V8 this is one of the most critical areas that must be addressed and modified to generate more torque /hp and throttle response. By reworking the OEM strategies makes your 5.3L, or 6.2L V8 come to life!
There are normally 3 types of limiters on most vehicles and the GM 5.3L or 6.2L is no different. RPM, MPH and transmission Output shaft limiters are slightly increased to a safe limit in our calibrations. We can also leave the factory limiters in place what GM has set from the factory based on customer requests.
Can be increased in most RPM areas for improved Torque and HP. Running a higher Octane fuel will net more power and economy from some timing/spark advancement. However, with a 5.3L and 6.2L V8 even running 87 Octane fuel can yield some respectable gains in power and torque over stock as GM responds well to timing advancements. The knock sensors and strategy on the 5.3L and 6.2L V8 are very good in that they can advance and retard timing while you drive.
In all 5.3L and 6.2L V8 vehicles the Torque Converter strategies can be reworked to lock up at the optimum mph and stay locked longer at light cruising speeds to also help with economy…A locked converter is power to the ground. Some times a stock truck when you hit any incline the truck will unlock OD gear and down shift. We can get your truck to hold OD longer and not unlock… now of course on large hills it will down shift…like it should…
The 6 speed transmission that comes standard with the GM 5.3L and 6.2L V8 is a big improvement in driver controls. However, there are still some benefits to be had recalibrating normal daily shift strategies.
We have noticed that while in normal everyday mode that the transmission will not move into 6 gear until around 70 mph and there is a pretty good delay to either downshift or accelerate. We can correct this by moving some shift strategies patterns around in all gears especially in 5th and 6th gears.
In the tow/haul mode the Factory strategies in are very inefficient. 6th gear is useless under 60 mph. Coasting or slowing down the downshifts don’t command soon enough to keep the RPM’s up in torque range and when back in throttle multiple down shifts occur. Gears 2nd, 3rd and 4th are the gears the truck likes to run at under 60 mph towing 5000lb or heavier trailer but its in 6th gear at 50 mph lugging engine. Once RPM’s builds to 3500 plus the truck pulls like a champ but factory strategies keep RPM’s low. For owners of GM 5.3L and 6.2L v8 going to tow a travel trailer camper or trailers over 5000 lbs the factory strategies will hunt all over the place in tow/haul mode. We have recalibrated tow/haul mode strategies that enhances keeping the engine RPM’s elevated to take advantage of the torque band in this 5.3L and 6.2L v8 less downshifting and taking advantage of gears 2nd, 3rd and 4th more. All of our calibrations have this new tow/haul strategy except economy mode calibrations.
Shift pressures can be increased and slip timers can be decreased to help keep trans temperatures down and give the truck or any vehicle a better overall feel. In a GM 5.3L or 6.2L V8 shifts are quick and slightly firmer most of the delay between shifts are reduced when using custom tunes.
Where do I find my Stock Upload File?
If using an SCT or Bully Dog Device: On your device under program vehicle, you will find the option to get your “Stock File.” Once on your device, you will use SCT’s Device Updater to export your stock file from your X4, LiveWire, iTSX or BDX.
If using an HP nGauge: Plug your nGauge into the OBD2 port the vehicle you intend to tune. Use the menu on your device to select TUNING, then proceed to select the PCM type and choose READ VEHICLE. Upon selecting “read” you will see a variety of vehicle options. Select your application vehicle such as: “2017 F150 Ecoboost 3.5L GTDI V6: PCM + TCM” “TC-277A 4M+TCM.”
Custom tunes allow for many choices when it comes to tuning your vehicle. 5 Star Tuning will be offering these popular choices for the new Chevrolet & GMC.
Our Custom tuned devices can have multiple Calibrations; which will have all the enhancements completed in Engine and Transmission functions. This includes Drive By Wire, Fuel, Shifting, and Torque Converter strategies. These performance calibrations can increase economy the trick is staying off the go pedal.
You will also get user options with each of these tunes as well, so you can change stuff like timing, shift pressures or fueling.
5.3L & 6.2L PERFORMANCE / TOW CALIBRATION
These are our number 1 tunes! They have great power and great drive ability while daily driving or towing factory weight ratings. Best all around tune.. (Can Tow Factory Weight Ratings with these Maps/Tunes)
87 Octane Performance/Tow
89 Octane Performance/Tow
91 Octane Performance/Tow
93 Octane Performance/Tow
5.3L & 6.2L PERFORMANCE CALIBRATIONS
These tunes are about straight line Max Performance. Performance oriented shifting and higher rpm shifts.
91 Octane Performance Only! (Has Firm Shifting)
93 Octane Performance Only! (Has Firm Shifting)
E85 Octane Performance Only! (Has Firm Shifting)
5.3L & 6.2L ECONOMY CALIBRATIONS
These tunes are for all out economy. Works perfect in an heavy in town environment on a daily basis.
87 Octane Economy
89 Octane Economy
91 Octane Economy
93 Octane Economy
2014-2018 CHEVROLET/GMC 5.3L & 6.2L PRODUCTS
2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L Cold Air Intakes(19) products
2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L Combo Kits(13) products
2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L Drop-In Filters(2) products
2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L Email Tunes(4) products
2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L Exhaust Dual Exit(6) products
2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L Exhaust Single Exit(2) products
2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L Filter Cleaning Kits(15) products
2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L Fuel Upgrades(1) product
2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L Headers & Midpipes(6) products
2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L Suspension Upgrades(10) products
2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L Throttle Controllers(1) product
2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra 6.2L Tuner & Programmers(7) products