This Tremor exhaust note is beefy! The new beastly 7.3-liter V8 that Ford placed in its F-250 Tremor makes 430 horsepower and 475 lbs-feet of torque. This is an all-new gas V8 that’s meant for Ford’s heavy duty trucks and commercial vehicles.
You can read more about the Ford Tremor (here).
The Ford Super Duty Tremor is the Anti-Power Wagon
There are lots of goodies that make the 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor competitive with the Ram 2500 Power Wagon. The Tremor gets all of the goodies the regular FX4 package gets, plus a lot more. Here are a few interesting points along with some off-road numbers:
- The front end gets a two-inch lift
- 35-inch Goodyear Duratrac tires mounted on unique wheels
- An electronically controlled rear locker
- Dana limited-slip differential front end,
- A crawl control system.
- The 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor will have 10.8 inches of ground clearance. A water fording maximum depth of 33 inches. It has a 31.65 degree approach angle and a 24.51 degree departure angle.
Interesting thing here is that, unlike the Ram Power Wagon, Ford will offer a diesel in their Ford Super Duty Tremor. Unlike the Ram Power Wagon, Ford does not offer a locking front differential, nor do they offer a disconnecting front sway bar.
A quick MPG disclaimer
Now, for those of you who watch the video and notice that the mpg readout is 5.1 mpg, keep in mind that this truck is a trailer queen. It’s been driven in and out of trailers hundreds of times. It does off-road demo runs and then it’s shoved back into a trailer. It’s fair to say that number is not a proper representation of what this vehicle is capable of.
Honestly, even if it were – the exhaust note alone would almost make it worth it.
Curious about what I’m on about? Check out the video!