Why Tune My Vehicle? From the factory your vehicle’s computer is calibrated for the masses, designed with the average driver in mind, not the performance enthusiast. This not only leaves valuable horsepower & torque hidden inside your vehicle but it also makes for a mediocre driving experience. Our tuners unlock your vehicle’s hidden performance by re-calibrating your vehicle’s PCM for maximum horsepower & torque, increase throttle response, clean shift points, increased efficiency and the best driving experience possible.
Why 5 Star Tuning? We are your industry leader in Ford and GM truck, car, SUV and motorhome tuning. We create and offer the most refined tunes on the market for your application. Rather than offering you a one-sized fits all approach we custom tailor all of your tunes to your specific needs. These needs can be more power, more torque, tuning for your current or future modifications or simply getting the best driving experience from your vehicle. In addition to our refined approach to tuning vehicle, we ensure your vehicle’s reliability will never be compromised.
Dyno & Street Proven Tunes! Our 5 Star Tuning custom tunes have been dyno developed, refined, tested repeatedly, street tested, tow tested and driven all over the country in our own personal vehicles. Nothing says highest quality tune on the market such as investing in our own vehicles and testing them for over a million test miles by our own engineers.
Free Tunes for Life! Have you added a new mod to your truck, car, SUV or motorhome and wish to maximize your application’s performance? For all of our Tunes for Life members these modifications are free for the life of your vehicle while you own it. This will ensure that your vehicle run properly with our dyno and street tested tunes give you the most horsepower, torque and most efficient performance possible with your newest addition. For more information on what qualifies for free tune upgrades visit https://5startuning.com//free-tunes-life/.
Want More Performance? A 5 Star Tuning Custom will dramatically improve your drivability, horsepower, torque, throttle response, efficiency, and towing capacity. Eliminate your factory speed limiter, sluggish throttle, sloppy shifts and lackadaisical nature of your vehicle.
How Do We Get More Performance? Our tunes bring the most potential out of your vehicle by adjusting your fuel tables, drive by wire, timing, torque converter, shift strategies and shift pressures. Visit our Custom Tuning Info section for more detailed information for your specific vehicle.
What Can My Device Do? For starters your device is extremely versatile. In addition to being your flash programmer it can perform many other functions. It can easily load store up to 10 of your 5 Star Tuning custom tunes. Your device can also be used to monitor your vehicle engine parameters. (Parameters can range from engine RPM, Speed, Coolant Temperatures and many more). The tuner can also be used to datalog your vehicle to further dial in current or future modifications. Your flash programmer will also store a copy of your factory tune and your vehicle can be returned to stock at any point in time.
Which Tunes Are Available For My Application? Our entire lineup of tunes for your vehicle can be found by visiting our calibration request form. All of our current tunes for each application can be found under our custom tune dropdown menu.
HP Tuners RTD Flasher (Via A Windows PC): Most Applications Will Use This Method
*** NOTE: Wi-Fi is required to read and write to your vehicle. Ensure you have a strong Wi-Fi connection and your Windows laptop (required) battery is charged or that your laptop is currently charging.***
RTD Flasher Software: https://files.hptuners.com/RTD%20Flasher/RTD%20Flasher.msi
After completing installation of the RTD Flasher you will want to open up the software.
- Once you have the RTD Flasher software open, connect your RTD/RTD+ device into your vehicle’s OBDll port.
- With the USB cable provided, plug the USB C (smaller side) into the face of the RTD/RTD+ and the other end into the USB slot on your computer.
- Once the device is connected to the computer, turn your vehicle to the ON position (for push button vehicles, this will be one press of the engine start button) DO NOT START THE VEHICLE. For push button vehicles, do not press the brake pedal.
- You will want to select the read vehicle option at the top of the RTD Flasher software. (The icon will be the book with the green arrow pointing up)
- After selecting the read vehicle option, you are going to want to click on gather information.
- After selecting the gather vehicle option you will have 1 of 2 different menus with hardware types:
- If you have a vehicle with 1 module that controls the engine and transmission you will want to make sure it says read entire
- If you have a vehicle with 2 modules. One reads the engine and the other reads the transmission. You will want to make sure that you select read entire on both.
- For Chevrolet vehicles you may notice that you have 3 different controllers. You will want to select read entire on the top 2 hardware selections and click the drop down menu to select do not read on the last controller
- After verifying that you have the controllers on read entire (Chevrolet vehicles- The top 2 controllers should be selected to read entire and the last controller set to do not read) You can select the read option. At this time, it is going to read the vehicle. This may take up to 20 minutes to complete. During the reading process you will have an estimated time with a loading bar that will let you know your progress.
- When the read process is complete and/or done with one controller it may ask you to cycle the key. Please follow the on screen prompts to complete changing controllers or end the reading process.
- Once completed it will prompt you to save the file with a name. At this time save it somewhere easy to find such as your PC’s desktop and label it FirstName LastName stockfile.
- After saving your stock file email the file to: email@example.com
***If you have not yet submitted your vehicle specific information and tune selection at time of purchase, complete our Calibration Request Form. This page can be found on the homepage of our website.***
Once the tunes are received via email you will want to download these files onto your computer somewhere easy to find or create a folder to save your tunes into.
- Once tunes have been received and downloaded, open the RTD Flasher, plug your device into the OBDll port and connect the RTD/RTD+ to your computer
- With the RTD flasher open and everything connected you are going to want to go to the top of the RTD flasher and select the help menu and resync interface. A new window will appear, and this will add the credits used for licensing your vehicle to the module. (Required credits are included in the purchase of your device from 5 Star Tuning)
- Once completed hit close and go to the left hand side of the screen and select the folder that is open or go to file and Open File. This is where you are going to select the tune that you want to try out first.
- Once the file is open turn the key into the On position but DO NOT START THE VEHICLE and select the write icon, this is the book with the red arrow pointing down (this can be found right beside of the read icon previously selected)
- After selecting the write icon a window will come up that allows you to license your vehicle, select show license option and then click specific on the controllers and click commit to license option.
- The flashing window will appear, Make sure to select all dropdowns with write calibration and then select the option that says write.
- Once completed it will ask you to cycle the key and say flash completed.
You have successfully flashed a 5 Star custom tune into your vehicle.
TrackAddict App: Connect > Read > Edit > Write > Drive.
Quick and easy setup. Also works with compatible OBD-2 interfaces and vehicles to enable you to capture additional data channels like engine RPM, throttle position, temperatures, and more!
Offers easy WiFi transfer to RaceRender for even more video+data capability.
- Road Course, Autocross, Rally, Drift, 4×4, and Drag Racing
- Race Timing + Data Logging + Analysis + Video
- Works Almost Anywhere! 1000+ Predefined Circuits, or Add Your Own
- Integrated GPS Lap Timer & Display with Predictive Timing (Circuit mode)
- Sector Split Timing & Theoretical Lap Time (Circuit mode)
- High-Definition Video Recording + Data Overlay
- Lap, GPS, G-Force, and OBD-II Data Logging
- Driving Line Analysis, Statistics, Data Graphs, and Run / Lap Comparison
- Optional Live Telemetry Streaming via Live.RaceRender.com (requires upgrade)
- Also Supports External GPS and OBD-II Devices
- OBD-II Live Monitor, Code Scanning / Reset, and Data Logging
- Easily exports Data and Video to RaceRender
iPhone & iPad Version (iOS): Free Edition provides most of the features at no cost, but is limited to storing three recordings, and does not include live telemetry. Pro Edition removes those limitations and gives you every feature currently available from this app. It is available either as a low-cost in-app purchase or as a separate app.
Do I Need A Shop To Install? The installation process of the tuner is simple and can be performed by anyone. No tools are required for the installation.
What If I Have Other Technical Questions? We can always be reached at 843-536-1244 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on concerns on the tuning process. We also feature a support page with information and videos pertaining to loading your custom tunes, updating your device, installation, etc at https://5startuning.com//support/.
Notice: By ordering this tuner, tune or performance modification you agree to assume all responsibility for assuring that it is in compliance with all U.S., Canadian, international, state & provincial laws and regulations. 5 Star Tuning assumes no liability for any violations arising out of any federal, state or provincial emissions or safety requirements on motor vehicles arising out of the customer’s modifications and/or use of our products or services.
5 Star Tuning does not offer calibrations that will disable or defeat emissions control equipment. Emission-related codes or DTC’s relating to emission functions such as Rear O2 sensors, DPF, EGR, SCR, etc. will not be disabled.
This product is not legal for sale or use in the state of California. Orders disregarding this note will be canceled.
|Dimensions||9 × 8 × 2 in|