Why Tune My Vehicle? From the factory, your vehicle’s computer is calibrated for the masses, designed with the average driver in mind, not the performance enthusiast. This not only leaves valuable horsepower & torque hidden inside your vehicle, but it also makes for a mediocre driving experience. Our tuners unlock your vehicle’s hidden performance by re-calibrating your vehicle’s PCM for maximum horsepower & torque, increase throttle response, clean shift points, increased efficiency and the best driving experience possible.
More Performance & Less Downshifting! 5 Star Tuning’s Custom Dyno Proven UP to 42 HP & 75 TQ tune files on our 3V 6.8L Tiffin optimize the vehicle’s Air/Fuel Ratio, Engine Timing & Fuel Curves for Maximum Performance, Improved Shifting without the High Revving headaches all while maintaining OEM reliability.
Why 5 Star Tuning? We are your industry leader in Ford and GM truck, car, SUV and motorhome tuning. We create and offer the most refined tunes on the market for your application. Rather than offering you, a one-size fits all approach we custom tailor all of your tunes to your specific needs. These needs can be more power, more torque, tuning for your current or future modifications or simply getting the best driving experience from your vehicle. In addition to our refined approach to tuning vehicle, we ensure your vehicle’s reliability will never be compromised.
Accolades: MotorHome Magazine 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 Reader’s Choice Award Winner!
Dyno & Street Proven Tunes! Our 5 Star Tuning custom tunes have been dyno developed, refined, tested repeatedly, street tested, tow tested and driven all over the country in our own personal vehicles. Nothing says highest quality tune on the market such as investing in our own vehicles and testing them for over a million test miles by our own engineers.
Free Tunes for Life! Have you added a new mod to your motorhome and wish to maximize your application’s performance? For all of our Tunes for Life members, these modifications are free for the life of your vehicle while you own it. This will ensure that your vehicle run properly with our dyno and street tested tunes give you the most horsepower, torque and most efficient performance possible with your newest addition. For more information on what qualifies for free tune upgrades visit https://5startuning.com//free-tunes-life/.
Want More Performance? A 5 Star Tuning Custom will dramatically improve your drivability, horsepower, torque, throttle response, efficiency, and towing capacity. Eliminate your factory speed limiter, sluggish throttle, sloppy shifts and lackadaisical nature of your vehicle.
How Do We Get More Performance? Our tunes bring the most potential out of your vehicle by adjusting your fuel tables, drive by wire, timing, torque converter, shift strategies and shift pressures. Visit our Custom Tuning Info section for more detailed information for your specific vehicle.
Which Tunes Are Available For My Application? No matter if your coach is stock or heavily modified, our RV Daily Tow tune is the perfect match for your application.
How Do I Load My Tune To My Device? NOTE: Before connecting your device to your PC, let’s make sure you have the Device Update Software installed. Click here to download and install if you do not have the program installed.
- Using the provided USB cable, connect your device to your computer. (Allow roughly 30 seconds for the drivers to install)
- Save your custom tunes from your emailed link to your desktop.
- Using the shortcut icon on your desktop, open the Device Updater software.
- Now select “Load Custom Tune File” from the Basic Operations menu then click on the “Locate Custom Tunes” button.
- Select the desired tune from the list of tunes.
- Your tune will appear under “Available Tunes” on the left window within the Updater. You will need to transfer it to the device by using the arrow button in the middle of the SCT Updater.
- Press “Program” when ready to transfer the custom tune to the device.
How Does The Tuning Process Work? Below is a step-by-step overview of our custom tuning process.
- Plug your device into the vehicles OBDII port. The device will automatically power on.
- If the device does not automatically power on, you likely have a blown fuse that needs replacing. It will be the same fuse as the cigarette lighter and 12v accessory port.
- Select “Program Vehicle” on your device and follow the onscreen device prompts for key cycles on and off.
- The first time tuning your vehicle will take some time. The device will save your stock file in addition to tuning your application.
- Under available custom tunes, select your RV Daily Tow Tune to load onto your motorhome.
- After you select your tune, you will have user adjustable options. Continue with this step or arrow to the right and select approve to skip. After this step, custom programming will begin.
- Once tuning has completed the device will show download complete and will prompt you to turn the key off. At this point, you may disconnect your device.
How Long Does Installation Take? The installation will take approximately 5-10 minutes.
Do I Need A Shop To Install? The installation process of the tuner is simple and can be performed by anyone. No tools are required for the installation.
What If I Have Other Technical Questions? We can always be reached at 843-536-1244 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on concerns on the tuning process. We also feature a support page with information and videos pertaining to loading your custom tunes, updating your device, installation, etc at https://5startuning.com//support/.
Note: SCT’s software is only compatible with Microsoft’s Windows operating systems.
Notice: By ordering this tuner, tune or performance modification you agree to assume all responsibility for assuring that it is in compliance with all U.S., Canadian, international, state & provincial laws and regulations. 5 Star Tuning assumes no liability for any violations arising out of any federal, state or provincial emissions or safety requirements on motor vehicles arising out of the customer’s modifications and/or use of our products or services.
How Much Quicker and More Efficient Can Your RV Be?
See The 5 Star Tune In Action
Motorhome Magazine’s “5 Star Tuning Talk”